Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sapore Della Vigna, Leichhardt

It has been a while since I have been to the Italian Forum in Leichhardt. So long that when I got there the cafes around there seems to have all changed hands. Not that it will stop me from getting my breakfast at 1pm on a weekend.

We picked Sapore because we have no particular preference and the competitiveness of the cafes around the forum meant that we were enthusiastically greeted by the waitor from Sapore at a distance. We needed little convincing after being assured that they were still serving breakfast.

Once seated, without giving it a second though, I ordered my 'default drink' ... mocha. The glass looks really pretty with the chocolate syrup drizzled across it; however the chocolate taste was lacking. If there were more chocolate I would have been happy, as the coffee itself was nice.


Mocha
My friend ordered a banana smoothies. I took a sip and indeed you could describe its taste in one word - banana.

Banana Smoothies

Then came our breakfast; my friend ordered the Big Breakfast ($14.90) with fried eggs, Roma tomato, mushroom hash brown, bacon served on Italian bread. It most certainly look impressive when the dish landed on our table. The bread was nice and fresh, while the harsh brown was very crunchy.

Big Breakfast ($14.90)

On the other hand, I the French toast with caramelised banana coated with vanilla glaze and ricotta spread caught my eyes.

French toast
Upon taking a forkful of the french toast, I was disappointed. The french toast was deep fried instead of pan fried, and the banana was too soft for my liking. I felt like I was eating the HK-style french toast with some banana ... which made me feel weird even just typing this. However the ricotta spread was yummy and I mopped up every single bit of the spread.
All in all, the food was average but as I was leaving, I spied the people in the cafe next door eating some nice looking pasta. Maybe I will be back at the Italian Forum again after all!
Sapore Della Vigna
The Italian Forum
Norton Street, Leichhardt NSW 2040

No comments:

Post a Comment